We are seeking the services of a Civil Engineer. If you are a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas; and have over 5-years of substantiated experience in highway and municipal roadway engineering, Dikita Enterprises, Inc. is the employer for you. Working remotely may be considered.
Working closely with a project manager in a team environment, our Civil Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of transportation and municipal infrastructure project deliverables. Typical production may include preparation of reports, detailed calculations, drawings, specifications, construction cost estimates, and bid package, as well as proposal evaluations, quality control/quality assurance, review of shop drawings, and response to RFIs.
- Prepare engineering documents from schematic route layout to PS&E packages on transportation and municipal roadway projects including: Demolition; horizontal and vertical controls; grading; paving; storm drainage; surface water management; erosion control; pavement marking and signage plans.
- Coordinate engineering design, studies, and reports with internal and external project teams, client/stakeholders, governmental and utility agencies.
- Supervise designers and CADD techs.
- Independently develop and/or supervise the production of engineering deliverables that meet owner’s requirements.
- Provide internal peer review, and on external projects as directed.
- Clarify project’s scope with client or prime consultants; establish the work breakdown structure; prepare the budget and schedule; provide technical direction and report the work status to supervisor/project manager.
- Conduct site visits as required for each project.
- Provide support for other engineering activities as required.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as appropriate.
- May be assigned to a project, agency, or other organizational team.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of transportation project experience
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation, GEOPAK, and InRoads/OpenRoads software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiar with and ability to interpret TxDOT design manuals, standards, and specifications
- Working knowledge of AASHTO and MUTCD standards
- Exceptional organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and a results-oriented team player
- Ability to build and maintain client rapport
- Ability to provide lead generation through new and existing contacts
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- 4 or more years of experience performing TxDOT and/or NTTA engineering design
- TxDOT Pre-certifications
- GIS proficiency
- Experience in, Winstrom, HEC-RAS, StormCad, and Water distribution modeling