Construction Project Manager (Near Houston)
Be a part of a historic and iconic addition to the Texas A & M University Systems. A $70 million new structure near Houston, Texas. If you are a seasoned construction project management professional with 5 to 10 years in design or construction of facilities with major MEP requirements; apply for this job immediately. Texas A & M Prairie View graduates are encouraged to apply.
The Project Manager function as the owner’s representative; and will review and provide technical input regarding scope, budget, schedule, and compliance throughout all phases of the project, and act as liaison for coordination of all construction activities with clients.
- Assist in preparation of RFQ’s and RFP’s.
- Assist in negotiation and preparation of architectural/engineering, construction, and third-party contracts.
- Assist in preparation of project materials for submission and/or approval by the TAMUS Board of Regents, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and applicable campus administration personnel and organizations.
- Ensure that contract documents are developed in accordance with applicable codes, design standards, master plan requirements, and are in accordance with the approved program and project authorizations.
- Ensure project architect/engineer submits required design documents to appropriate authorities inside and outside of TAMUS for approval.
- Organize and support design and construction meetings required to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Conduct design initiation meeting and pre-construction conference.
- Act on behalf of FPC as a project customer service representative to clients affiliated with assigned projects.
- Act as liaison for coordination of pre-construction and construction activities with the client.
- Maintain and report project budget and schedule conditions; submit all project cost information to the FP&C Planning and Controls Division for inclusion in the parametric cost database at the conclusion of the project.
- Review the work of project team members to ensure compliance with construction contract requirements and design standards throughout all phases of the project; including but not limited to,
- Daily or periodic inspections of site activities of contractor and third-party consultants.
- Interpretation of contract documents, approvals for payment, review of proposals for additional work or time.
- Verification of proper performance of all building systems and equipment.
- Manage the closeout process from Substantial Completion through training, furnishing, certification of systems, commissioning, and financial closeout of contracts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture or construction management required.
- Registered Civil Engineer, or Architect in the state of Texas preferred.
- Certification in Construction Management (CCMP) preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant verifiable experience required.
- Knowledge of construction principals, and practices required
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents required.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to client’s changing requirements.
- Ability to travel between campuses as required.
- Must provide a resume demonstrating qualifications in support of this job criteria.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is based on experience and contract requirements.
- Dikita offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, AD&D, long and short-term disability, that are effective one your date of hire. 401(k) with a discretionary match after 6-months; and many supplemental benefits.
As a condition of your employment, you must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. You will be subject to post-accident, random and reasonable cause drug testing during employment.
Dikita is an equal opportunity employer; and we take pride in our diversity and inclusion. Employment at Dikita is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to professional competence. Dikita does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.