We are a transit market research firm that collects data from passengers on public buses and trains. The primary responsibility of the Surveyor/Data Collection role is to collect data such as passenger counts on trains or buses in the public transportation sector. The Surveyor is the most visible member during the data collection process to the public. Therefore, it is extremely important that the Surveyor present a professional image while conducting passenger counts, interviews, or other data collections services. Surveyors must be able to:
- Work on call schedule of 4-8 hours/ hours include early AM and late PM/ split shifts included
- Have transportation
- Count accurately
- Accurately record passenger counts for buses or trains or other data collection services.
- Interact effectively and professionally with riders utilizing public transportation.
- Report problems/ changes with equipment.
- Ensure date and times are correct in handheld computers.
- Return handheld equipment and paperwork in on time.
- Exhibit the flexibility necessary to multi-task and perform data collection services.
- Adhere to dress code as outlined in data collection manual at all times.
- Surveyors must have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Bending, stretching, and kneeling are part of the daily routine.
- Climbing stairs and the ability to carry 5-10 lbs. of equipment throughout the workday is required.
- Standing on moving vehicles for a period maybe required.