Highway Construction Inspector
Dikita Enterprises, Inc., headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is an actively growing civil/structural engineering, and construction management firm with over 40 years of experience. Our diversity and commitment to quality are our strengths. Dikita’s multi-disciplined team of engineering and construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects, including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, and capital construction services.
We are seeking a Construction QA/QC professional with 3 to 5 years of experience in roadway/highway construction inspection. ACI Concrete Field Testing Level 1 certification is required. SB 102 is a plus. TxDOT experience is preferred.
The Highway Construction Inspector will under direction of supervisors or other project leaders inspect construction materials, and perform sampling and testing to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications, reporting results verbally and in writing as required.
- Review plans, specifications, notes and shop/working drawings for assigned activities prior to performing assigned duties.
- Inspect, sample and test construction materials in accordance with established quality protocols using appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment; and evaluate compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications.
- Daily prepare and submit accurate, comprehensive, and complete testing and/or inspection reports electronically in accordance with established quality procedures using a tablet.
- Perform mathematical calculations using basic algebra, and geometry to analyze sample results.
- Understand and adhere to established safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school education or GED certification required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of roadway/highway construction QA/QC experience.
- ACI Field Test Level 1 certification is mandatory.
- SB102 certification is preferred.
- TxDOT experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written comprehension.
- Must posses a valid Texas driver’s license and meet the firm’s auto insurability requirements.
- Ability to travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours.
- May be required to work nights, and Saturdays
- Lift, push, pull 50 lbs
- Use hand tools such as shovels, picks and sledge hammers
- Climb and work on ladders and scaffolding
- Work outside and on equipment in various weather conditions
- Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards if proper safety procedures are not followed
- Potential exposure to dangerous chemicals and solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed
- Exposure to noise, dust, fumes, radiant and electrical energy
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is based on contract requirements.
- Dikita offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, AD&D, long and short-term disability, 401(k) with a discretionary match, and many auxiliary benefits.
As a condition of your employment, you must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. You will be subject to post-accident, random and reasonable cause drug testing during employment.
Dikita Enterprises, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classifications protected by law.